SEND Information Report

What kind of Special Educational Needs does the school make provision for?

The school is able to make provision for a wide range of special educational needs including learning difficulties, autism, social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, physical and sensory difficulties, communication and interaction difficulties.

How does the school identify and assess children’s Special Educational needs?

All members of the teaching staff have a part to play in the initial identification of pupils with possible Special Educational Needs. This identification of needs will be based on the class teacher, teaching assistant and SENCo’s observations, assessment of the pupil’s work and progress through all areas of the curriculum and also information from parents and any outside agencies. Parents are consulted by the school where concerns arise and any concerns raised by parents about their child’s progress will also be investigated. Parents are kept informed at all times.

How will my child’s progress be monitored?

There is a whole school approach to monitoringeach child’s progress and development, bringing together the knowledge, experience and expertise of class teachers, teaching assistants, special educational needs coordinator, senior leaders and the head teacher.

How does the school know how effective its provision is, for children with Special Educational Needs?

The class teachers, SENCO, Senior Leaders and the Head Teacher monitor pupil progress and consider the effectiveness of the provision provided. Pupil progress meetings are used to monitor, record and evaluate additional provision. They also support the monitoring of progress of individuals and groups of pupils and the impact of extra provision.  All staff monitor pupil progress on a regular basis. The school uses the children’s National Curriculum Levels in reading, writing and maths to monitor pupil’s progress and the effectiveness of additional support and interventions.  The school also considers other areas such as how attendance, attitude, self-esteem, social skills and confidence are improving as a result of targeted support.  Outside agencies also support the school to know how effectively we are providing for children.

How will I know how my child is doing and how will you help me to support my child’s learning? How can parents of children with special educational needs and the children themselves be involved in their education?

The school offers a welcoming environment with an ‘open door’ policy. There areopportunities and support for parents to help their children learn.  There are regular parent’s meetings and special needs review meetings in which parent’s and children’s views are valued.  The school provides termly parents evenings and end of year reports to enable parents to be informed about their child’s progress IEPs are reviewed in April and October.  Outside agencies also provide written reports and other information for parents.

How will the staff support my child and how will the curriculum be adapted and matched to my child’s needs?

We have an inclusive curriculumthat is adapted by teachers to allow all children to join in and learn along-side each other.  Teaching and learning are carefully matched to challenge and develop independence.  Adjustments are made to teaching and learning strategies and styles.  Support staff, individual programmes, resources and specialist equipment are made available where necessary.

How are decisions made about the support my child receives and how are the school’s resources allocated and matched to children’s Special Educational Needs?

Careful decision making and planning takes place by key staffto provide support according to the needs of pupils.  Plans are regularly reviewed around the allocation of Teaching Assistants, resources, outside agencies, programmes of support and staff training.  The views of parents and children are welcomed.  Staff work to provide the resources and key support identified for children with a Statement or Education, Health and Care Plan.

What support is there for children’s overall well-being?

The staff at the school are skilled in nurturing the wellbeing of children. This may include support around friendships, developing confidence and self-esteem and keeping safe and healthy.

How will my child be included in extra-curricular activities including school trips?

The school offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities, educational visits and experiences, accessible to all pupils. Extra support is provided and adjustments are made for individual pupils when required.

How accessible is the school environment?

The school has disabled access, toilet facilities and other adaptations to support the physical, sensory and communication needs of children and their families.

Further information can be found in the accessibility plan attached.


How do you prepare children for joining your school, changing classes and transferring to another school?

Extra and individual support for transition is available to enable all children to start school, move up to their next class or new school, feeling prepared and happy.

What specialist services, expertise and resources are available at or accessed by the school?

The school offers close liaison with many other agenciesto provide advice to teachers and programmes of support. (Inc. SALT, Physiotherapy, OT, Hearing Support, Educational Psychology, Autism Service)

What do I do if I have a concern?

If you have any concerns about special educational provision for your child, talk with your child’s class teacher. You will be listened to and your concerns considered and, so far as is possible, dealt with through informal discussion.  If the concerns remain, the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator will help to resolve the problem.  The Head Teacher will become involved if the concern has not been resolved by the SENCO and class teacher.   If the matter is still not resolved, then the normal procedure for dealing with complaints will be followed by the Governing Body.

Independent advice is offered by the Local Parent Partnership Service. (Tel. 01724277665)


  • Who can I contact for further information?


Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator – Miss J Winney   (Tel. 01652 632286)

The School’s Special Educational Needs Policy can be found on the school website.

North Lincolnshire’s Local Offer can be accessed from the Local Authority Website.